About our Clinic

Our School Nurse is: Debbie Bukowski BSN RN
Ext 615-2277 
[email protected]

Chronic medical conditions

Chronic medical conditions should be discussed at the beginning of the school year with the school nurse. Parents are required to complete the emergency information form each year and provide current working phone numbers of all contacts listed. All in-school procedures (catheterizations, feeding tubes, special diets, nebulizer treatments, etc.) require documentation by your student’s physician. These forms require physician's signature and are available in the clinic and must be renewed every school year.


 Please provide the school nurse with medical documentation of injury and restrictions/accommodations ordered by the physician. If a student requires extra time between classes and/or elevator use a pass will be provided. Medical documentation is required to be excused from PE, HOPE, or ROTC.


Please keep your students home if they have a fever of 100.5 or higher until they are fever-free without the use of fever-reducing medications for 24 hours. Send in an excuse note with the student within 2 days of absence. OCPS COVID policy can be found on the district home page.

Medication Policy

For safety and security reasons, students are not permitted to bring medications to school, this includes over-the-counter medications such as Tylenol and Ibuprofen. Whenever possible, medication should be taken at home. If your student must take medication at school, (this includes over-the-counter medications) the following OCPS policy will be followed:

  1. All medication must be administered by the school nurse or designated trained person.
  2. The parent/guardian must bring the medication to school and complete the authorization form.
  3. Prescription medications must be in the original pharmacy labeled container. Parents can ask their pharmacist to provide them with two containers: one for school and one for home. Medications including eye drops cannot be transferred to and from school.

Over-the-counter medications:

 Over-the-counter medications: The clinic stocks ibuprofen (generic Advil), acetaminophen (generic Tylenol), calcium carbonate (generic Tums), and diphenhydramine (generic Benadryl for emergency use only). Authorization forms must be completed every school yearAll other over-the-counter medications will only be accepted in the factory-sealed original container with a signed authorization form.

Inhalers, Epi-pens, diabetic supplies, and pancreatic enzymes may be carried by the student, provided the proper authorization forms are on file with the school. These forms require physician signature and are available in the clinic and must be renewed every school year.

OCPS authorization forms

Authorization for Stock acetaminophen.pdf

Authorization for Stock ibuprofen.pdf

Authorization for Stock diphenhydramine.pdf

Authorization Medication.pdf

Authorization to self-carry medication school sponsored activity.pdf

Self-carry Epinephrine.pdf

FINAL FNS Diet Form SY 2016_17.pdf 

Self-carry Inhaler.pdf

Authorization for Self-Carry Pancreatic Enzyme Supplements.jpg

Physician ordered procedures.pdf 

Food Allergy Action Plan 08-2016.pdf

Web Links
This site provides information on various health topics such as first aid, safety and illnesses. There are also links for kids and teens.
This site offers information on drug, medication, health news, and other resources.
Web-site dedicated for parents with children diagnosed with ADD/ADHD